Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I HATE TRAVELING

Greeting from Fort Collins, CO. That is where I have landed this week, and for the next two weeks after this week. Its after 1:00 in the morning, and I just got done working for the day. Everyone (well people that have never had to travel before) in my company and some of my friends think that traveling for work is the coolest thing ever. Well its not. It flat out sucks. First of all you are away from family and friends. Second, when your not sleeping you are pretty much working. I basically put in over 13 hours today, a pretty normal day on travel is about a 10 hour day, don't forget to add travel time too (means travling on the weekend). Third, when your not working, sleeping, talking to friends and family on cell phones, or trying to find some place to eat, there really is nothing to do. Keep in mind there is not a lot of this time, so going out and actually sight seeing is near impossible unless you stay the weekend which really sucks.

Bottom line I miss Gayle. I got to see her this weekend for a few days but not long enough after being stuck in HELL aka Indiana for 2 1/2 weeks. It was like a tease of my normal life. It was great to see the pets, I miss them more than I realized. Miley got huge while I was gone, and I really miss the cats cuddling up with me. Sunday when it got time to leave again was pretty traumatizing and I had a really hard time getting in the car to leave. It really really sucked to have to get back on a plane again.

Well I should probably get to bed. My schedule is out of whack bad. First I am in Eastern Time (2 hours ahead of us normally), and then I come back for a couple of days to Mountain time, then go to Colorado and teach a night class until 11 PM at night.

Miss you all!

-Charlie

5 comments:

tsmortensen said...

I am sorry you are having such a rotten time! You have my sympathies! We are very excited to see you in Boise in a couple of weeks! Hang in there Charlie!

Ashley said...

Sorry you had to leave for work. Rotten for sure. Gayle misses you tons too, but Adi has enjoyed having her around. She comes home and say's "home, adi, daddy, momma, and geyol!" But nonetheless, sorry about the sucky traveling. Can't wait for you to get back

TomandEmily said...

We miss you too but I know Gayle misses you the most. Hope you get to stay home for a while when you're done this time.

Witters Ranch said...

Hey! I heard Colorado can be quite a place to travel to: Giraffe's and small Monkey's run a-muck!Rhino's and... OH WAIT!!! Your in Colorado not Congo. Hhmm... Well sorry, that sucks!! We miss hanging out with yea and hope 6 weeks is the end of it! See you soon! Craig & Chelsey

The Buttars Gang said...

Hang in there bro! We miss ya too. Thanks so much for taking time to cut my hair while you were here for just a few days. Take care!