Monday, April 14, 2008
Yay!
So my clinical final in phlebotomy was scheduled for the 21st, next Monday. Well, my teacher calls me last night and asks if I can do it today, instead of next week. So all day today I was freaking out worrying about if I was going to remember all the steps and do everything correctly. I get there and I have about a half hour to study and go through the steps I need to do. So my time rolls around and I get in there with my 'patient' (my best friends boyfriend) and I do the first stick, and I'm shaking, like visibly shaking so my teacher can see it. I do pretty good and I have to two more after that, all on the same person. I felt kind of bad but he was very very nice about it. So I get through all of them without passing out or throwing up, and I passed!! Yay!!! I still have my written final in 2 weeks but for all intents and purposes I am a phlebotomist! Woo hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations Gayle! I am so proud of you! You worked hard and found out what you love and what you are good at, and some people don't accomplish that much in a whole life time! You are awesome, and I love you!
That is awesome Gayle. Maybe you can take my blood when I need to get it drawn so I don't have to be stuck 5 times by someone else. Thanks for all the e-mails and thinking of me. I appreciate your thoughtfulness so much. Hope we see you soon.
I have the hereditary rolling veins like Charlie, so you can take my blood anytime since you can hit his. Congrats, and you guys take care!
Congrats Gayle. I really did think you were so talented when you drew my blood. I was very impressed by your confidence, and your skill! I think you will be wonderful at what you do. And next time in the hospital, and they've tried and tried to hit my viens, and i'm wishing I were dead in that hospital bed, I'm having them call you!
Damnit! Just have a kid. -- Caleb
Post a Comment