Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rant- "Is that for me?"

Ok so I am going to complain for just a few minutes. One of the things I do at work quite frequently is purchase sheet cakes from Walmart, or Sam's Club or Albertsons. I have the fun job of bringing them from my car to their final destination in the building. I swear I have never made it once from my car to wherever it is I am going without the phrase "IS THAT FOR ME?" So seriously, are you going to eat a whole sheet cake to yourself... if so I want to watch. Today I went and picked up some plaques from Jim's Trophy and I was taking them to our front desk to get them shipped to another one of our locations. Sure enough I got "IS THAT FOR ME?" Do you really want a plaque with someone else's name on it, if so I will go to DI and buy you the biggest trophy I can find and put it on your desk for you to show off to all. One more example.... the other day I was at the gas station getting some food, walking out to my car and some complete stranger goes "IS THAT FOR ME?" I felt like saying, I don't even know you why would I buy you food, second of all , go get your own food, and stop being a tard.

So the reason I bring this up is because what does this say about this person's maturity level. Were you really that spoiled as a child that you are still in the stage where everything is for you? Do you have no emotional intelligence? Do you have any idea how dumb you really sound? If I said that to you would probably think I am a crazy person and should be put in a home.

OK I think I am done now. Does anyone agree or am I just really that crazy.

4 comments:

tsmortensen said...

I have never thought about it before, but if that really does happen to you all the time I can see why it would drive you nuts! Maybe you are just a really generous looking guy? Who knows what people are thinking, but I think from now on you should look people in the eye and just explain that it is for the aliens that visit your house every night. :)Good luck with the crazy's!

TomandEmily said...

You sure seem to get asked that a lot. You're just so friendly. I don't have that problem I must be scary looking.

The Buttars Gang said...

Is this about me? Sorry.....couldn't resist. Anyway, yeah, that could get old. lol

Ashley said...

I think it's because people think they are so darn funny, and really, they have no idea what a real sense of humor is. Tell them to contact me. I can give lessons!