Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Annex into Ririe

So the time has come. The wonderful city of Ririe has decided they want to annex our subdivision into the town. I am not all that excited about it but we really don't have a choice. The developer started working on it awhile ago and we knew it was probably be going to happen but tonight we had a Home Owners Association meeting and got paperwork to start the process. The good thing is that our Home Owners Association won't have to worry about maintain the water system (pump, water lines meeting the Department of Environmental Quality's demands) and sewer system. If either of these had a major malfunction we would have to come up with the money to fix it. When we get annexed that will all be in the City of Ririe's hands. The downer is the our taxes will go up, our water will be metered, and we don't get to retain of the land deeded to our Home Owner's Association by the developer. I am not excited about the water being metered. I loved being able to water my lawn and not worry how much it was going to cost me. So it all kind of evens out in the long run so I guess we will sign the papers and move on with life. At first they told us that they were going to charge us $3,000 for each home to hook up to their sewer and water. I think that pretty much but the whole subdivision into an outrage because I don't think any of us have $3,000 to spend getting hooked up. We aren't going to be charged that anymore. The other concern is that there is a pond with a walking path around it. It is very nice and is a great feature of our subdivision. The city wants to fill it in with dirt and rip out the walking path. I won't be very happy if they do that. Gayle and I enjoy walking on that path during the summer a lot. Anyway interesting news... funny thing is our address won't change we will still be considered Rigby for our physical address.

-Charlie

2 comments:

The Buttars Gang said...

Welcome to Ririe! he he he

Ashley said...

Oh no! now you will have a dead ugly lawn like mine if we don't have better water this next year!!