I have been reading Mom's journals latley. I found the following entry and it made me smile a lot and thought it would make you smile too.
"Sept 21, 1977
It's been a busy month so far. The hay and grain is all in and Chad is getting caught up with his work in the shop. He still has to plow yet but most of the pressing work is done now. I've been canning and taking care of the kids. They are such darlings. Kelly trots around after his Daddy and Emily smiles so cute. We took them to have their pictures taken today. I hope they turn out well. Carlene seems to be doing ok in school so far, I only hope it continues. Chad has gone to a meeting for Elder's Quorum tonight and the kids are in bed. I sure do love them all. I am awfully blessed and lucky. Heavenly father must really love me to give me Chad and beautiful children too. Fall is here to stay I think. I'm sitting on the heat vent to write this. Better go."
I can almost see her sitting on the heater vent.
-Charlie
3 comments:
The way this week has gone so far, you really want to make me break down, don't ya? j/k. Having a rough time, but doing ok. Miss ya, mom!
Thank you Charlie. I think we all miss her more than we let it show.
That was very sweet.
Post a Comment