Sunday, June 29, 2008
Glad to be home!
Girls camp was an adventure! It was really fun, but the mosquitos were ridiculous! I had bites everywhere, arms, legs, face, ears, hands. It was really annoying, but oh well. The girls did pretty good for being stuck together for 5 days with no sleep. We only had 2 minor issues of hurt feelings and I didn't think that was too bad with 18 girls. The first day we got there we went down to the water front and did swim checks, I didn't do it cause I didn't have my swim suit with me, and Wednesday and Thursday were really busy, so I didn't get to do my swim check until Friday, the last day we were there. It was really hot that day so I figured I'd hurry and do my check. I did it and got swimmer then me and some of the other girls that got swimmer went out on the kayaks. It was really fun and we were out there for quite a while... big mistake! I got so dang sun burnt I was purple yesterday! My thighs got burnt from sitting in the kayak, my shoulders and arms, but my face is the worst. My nose was all wrinkled up and starting to bubble so I've been putting aloe on it like crazy trying to avoid my nose blistering. I didn't realize I was getting burnt so after kayaks I stayed and swam with some of the girls and that made it even worse. But even though I'm crispy and can't really sleep in any position but on my back, it was really fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry to hear you got burned, but glad to hear you had a good time. See you guys tonight!
You are back! I want to see pictures of your poor nose! That sounds awful. But it does sound like you had a good time! Call me and tell me all about it. love you
Sounds like a good time. Congrats on being a swimmer...hehehe. Sorry about burning. I HATE that, just getting over my purple legs myself. Be prepared to peel!
Post a Comment